Thursday, January 27, 2011

WOMAN DOWN! 10th FLOOR STAT!


I had a near death experience this morning at work. Let's just start off by saying that I didn't want to be there today anyways...I never get snow days! (sigh) Ok, moving on. So I enter the bathroom and was pleasantly surprised to find that the cleaning crew just came through! YAY! So everything was clean, shiny, sparkly, and smelling of Lysol. So I go into the stall. I hold on to the top of the door to swing it shut and before I realize it the door swings into my face, forcing me to slip on the wet floor (it had just been mopped) and throwing me back in an awkward position between the floor and toilet. How could this possibly happen you ask? Well, #1- the door was one of those crazy ones without the stopper so it swings both ways, so the more pressure you put on it, the faster and more forceful it goes in that direction. #2- The wet floor definitely played a major role, I couldn't get good footing. #3- I was distracted by the cleanliness of the bathroom, wasn't paying enough attention. I was launched back (from the door), and down (because I was slipping) and the middle of my back made contact with the toilet as by butt hit the ground, hard. It took my about 30 seconds to fully understand what just happened and to gather myself back together. I seriously could have, or maybe are, hurt. My breathing has been a bit challenged and I'm gonna have some bruises for sure, and am pretty sure I have minor whip lash. I'm just so thankful that no one was in the bathroom, and THANK GOODNESS that toilet and floor was just cleaned, or we might have a whole other issue on our hands! Ta-Da.....Silver Lining:)

2 comments:

  1. you just said "swing both ways".

    also, where are you getting these cool layouts??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized that, I was gonna put a (hehe) in there afterwards but Im not to the point yet where I can joke about this experience.

    As far as the layouts go, I dont know. I pushed a lot of buttons and ended up somewhere. Let me try to trace my breadcrumbs back and ill get back to you!

    ReplyDelete