Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Catalogs and Calculations


Random- [ran-duhm] adjective: proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern

List-
[list] noun: a series of names or other items written or printed together in a meaningful grouping or sequence so as to constitute a record

Old vs New

  • Old- Own bedroom with a door!
  • New- Finally a big, comfy, much needed bed (Amanda like:))
  • Old- The best shower head ever! I LOVE great water pressure
  • New- Wi-fi. Meaning I can be anywhere in the house and be able to watch every episode of Toddlers and Tiaras that Netflix has to offer! (stop judging! I'm conducting a study on how psychotic parent's can be and this is part of my research!)
  • Old- Never having to buy toilet paper or paper towel. (Roommate's got that Cosco card yo!)
  • New- Right across the street from the park. Actually in my territory. Closer to just about everyone else.
  • Old- Super close to work and Trader Joe's, and just about every train.
  • New- Super cheap rent.
  • Old- Skylight! And cable! Great neighbors!
  • New- No time limit required!
Thought: is it add-ress? or ah-dress? Is my inner Midwest girl coming out?

Wishlist

  • Start taking my vitamins again. As much as I hate to admit this, I sadly will not be forever young:( So I need to start tricking my body that it is and to hold on to our youth with the magic beans that are Chewable Flintstones vitamins!
  • Read my magazines before the start of the month
  • Get proper footwear for this coming winter in the city. Winter wet shoes. Winter dry shoes. Winter boots. Winter dress shoes. Winter dress boots.
  • My dream job. (Please, please, please, please, plea......)
  • Rediscover my inner domestic goodness. Get back in touch with my Nigella Lawson side. Have dinner parties!

I have just shy of 10 years left until I'm 30! Holy snikies! When did that happen???? Oh my goodness. I feel like I still have SO much I wanna do.....and now there is a time factor.....before I'm old and busted....and now I'm depressed.

Isabella: I love you so much. I hope you know that. Without you in my life I would have never known what it means to be an aunt to someone. To take care of someone, to look after them, and watch them grow. We kinda grew up together you and me. You came into my life when I was 14, and there is where you will forever stay no matter the distance between us. I hope for you to grow up a beautiful girl that focuses more on the inside then the exterior. Make opinions and feelings, and stick to your guns, be a little left of center-it's okay to be different (you will have a lot more fun that way) Don't forget the difference between right and wrong. I know some in your life will try to blur the lines between the two, but do what's right, no matter how hard that may be. Understand and apply what the words truth and honesty mean. Surround yourself with loving people who make you want to be a better person but who also stick to you during the ugly moments of life. Don't be afraid to be sad or scared or worried, or mad, but don't wallow in those emotions forever. Try everything in your power to be happy. Laugh (from deep down in your gut) every single day! Try to the best of your ability to find the good in people, and situations. Don't carry the weight of the world with you. Enjoy being a kid now, this is the only time you can be, and trust me, there will come a day when you will want to be 6 years old again SO BAD! I know things are a little rough right now, but keep that head up girl. Know that I think about you every day, and miss you like crazy. No matter what happens in life, know that you are genuinely loved by your family because you changed our world's forever. I never knew I could love someone I just met as much as I love you. Your my favorite ding-dong! And if you ever need to run away, you are ALWAYS welcomed to New York City to crash with your way cool aunt! I love you like I love farts baby doll! Here's to hoping to seeing you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment