Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Visitors From Far Away


"He didn't know the first step in pursuing her because he'd always been the one pursued....in desperate moods he asked his mirror why the only girl he was crazy about was the only girl not crazy about him."- Jeffrey Eugenides

So we had a visitor from the "land down under". And if you could believe it, every single girl and her mother had their claws in him from the moment he stepped off the plane I'm sure. Now, let's not get it twisted. He was attractive. He had nice style. He did seem quite nice. His accent was good. But, what is SO special about you, that created enemies out of girls, and brought their most caddiest sides of them out?

Australia, has roughly...what, 20 million people there? And I'm sure there has to be at least (at least!) 1 million guys there that are pretty much just like you. But what am I talking about? Your not really the issue are you? You just came over to NY for vacation. You did not set up to be rushed at like a freakin' Beatle when they played at Shea Stadium. At least I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt that this was not your plan all along. It's all these crazy girls that are the problem. Chill out ladies! He is just a man. In case you did not get the memo, desperation AND easiness are not anchors in trading in your "single ladies" card for life. Stop being so manipulative and just straight mean to each other over a guy who was only here for 1 week! Count it, 7 days. Not the end of the world people.

But I also wonder if he has ever experienced a genuine attraction from someone. I mean, he has all the stats to be a major crush in any girls book. Good looks: Check! Amazing Accent: Check! Personality: Semi-Check! (not all the way certain about that one) But, how many people actually end up with their crush? Has anyone liked him for him? Or do they get all caught up in the idea that is him and his credentials? Or, do you like all that superficiality? Interesting. I mean, I can't say for sure that if I was some Brazilian export that I would not be macking on it all too. I'd like to think not, but who knows. Either way, I feel like I could not exist without genuineness if my life. It's like oxygen.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have seen Captain Kangaroo... It's been a long time since I've seen an epic guy!

    Also, girls can be so stupid sometimes. They would cook and eat their best friend if an attractive eligible guy came up for grabs. And I feel sorry for the guy that gets caught by one of them!

    ReplyDelete