Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh, Did You See That? The Game Just Changed!


So oddly enough, I am not freaking out. YAY!
Don't get it twisted, there are plenty of things happening that could easily send me over into an all out panic induced. stressed to the max, raging zombie.....but as of yet, the coast is clear, no scary monster on the horizon. All is safe:)
Here are some of the things I should/could be freaking out over, they are as follows:
  1. My landlords are moving. It is still unknown if they are planning on selling the whole brownstone, or if they are just gonna rent out the bottom apartment. Until we know what their plans are, all of us tenants are in a bit of a limbo. And this move in happening in September, roughly 2 months away. Also, my part really depends on what my roommate decides she is going to do, since I am renting from her. So in the broadest possible terms, I could be homeless shortly. However, I am not freaking out. Honestly! I mean, I guess this isn't the first time that I have encountered a looming deadline to move. And I can't do anything to stop this from happening, right? I'm powerless, and not entirely hating it.
  2. My sister is about to pop any day now, and I am roughly 5 states away. I was there for her every step of the way with her 1st pregnancy. We're talking, I was taking her pre-natal vitamins so my Mom would think she was taking them. I would go to the store and get her In-Touch magazines and bite size Snickers. I would stay up late nights when she couldn't sleep and watch movies with her. I would help her fight with the cat when she wanted to lay down on the couch. I even lent her my shoes and jacket when she was going to the hospital, which sad to say, never were returned to me because her water broke over EVERYTHING. Gross. This time around, it is so different. I haven't even seen her pregnant. And, I don't know when I'll be able to go home next to see the bambino. Again, I can't freak out yet, the baby hasn't even been born.
  3. School is starting in a little over 2 weeks! And, as usual, I am barely prepared. I just found my letter last night. But, I am so excited. I cannot wait. I NEED it! At the same time, I know that I do not know what I'm about to get into. It's going to be a lot of work, and a lot of self-examination (frightening!)
  4. This one ties into #3. School is two weeks long. Work has been amazing enough to give me the time off for it. That being said, in realist of terms that mean 2 whole weeks without being paid. And I live in New York City. It's not cheap. I will not be getting 2 weeks free of rent. So, it is going to be tight! But, my brain is not letting me dwell on that too much. I'm being as frugal as I can now, and I know Jah will provide the rest:)
  5. My mother is a bit stressed out. And as I take on the role of her protector, I feel it is my responsibility to not let that happen. I am happy to report that this time around, even though I am concerned and of course care, I am not letting it affect my outlook at the moment.
  6. I need to have a "real" conversation with someone. Don't misunderstand, I always try to be honest, and upfront with everyone. This time however it is.....delicate? Oh, I don't know. This one I have nervous belly. Actually this out of everything is probably what I am most nervous about. It figures, the one thing that isn't necessary is what my attention is on.

1 comment:

  1. you've come a long way, kula-mac! i'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete