Wednesday, August 17, 2011

If You Were a Library Book, I'd Check You Out!


Holy, moly, me OH my!

I don't know what has gotten into the water, or the weather, or if the pages of GQ are coming to life or what....but there be some good looking men out and about in Brooklyn lately! Seriously, I'm almost wondering if an epidemic has struck.

I mean, sure, there are handsome people everywhere, everyday. But it seems that they have all gathered within a few miles of each other this past week. And I am NOT complaining. We all know how I have an attraction to Asian men. Well, let's define that, I like Asian but not "too Asian", they have to have that lil something extra about them. And they cannot be too short. Yesterday I hit the jackpot in that department when I was in Trader Joe's after work! I fell in love with 3 different Asian "McDreamy"s, one in the produce section, another in the pasta aisle, and the last standing in the check out line. It took all of my strength to resist going up to one of them and proposing marriage right there next to the Joe's Os!

Then today, on my way into work as I was walking down one of my favorite streets, again I spotted some ridiculously attractive guys. One was walking down from his apartment, and I swear everything went into slow motion. He was wearing the absolute, quintessential, always attractive, man outfit. Dark boots: check! Dark-nice-fitting-not-too-tight-slightly-rugged-jeans: check! A clean, white, cotton t-shirt: check! A dark, worn leather jacket, not too bulky, but just enough James Dean: check! Aviators: check! Great tousled hair, and slight stubble: check and check! I tried not to gawk at him. However that difficulty level jumped from manageable to impossible once he got on his MOTORCYCLE!! Sigh. And then he smiled at me, and I probably changed 4 different shades of red, because I was busted! He caught me completely eyeballing him. I'm sorry but what is a girl to do? He was straight pulling off that look like no one's business!

Also, I am a sucker for dogs. I notice them before I notice people. But one frisky dog noticed me first. I was standing on the corner, waiting to cross the street, trying to recover from watching the man of my dreams drive off on his motorcycle, when all the sudden I felt something wet and furry on my leg. And before I could investigate, the dog's nose went right up my dress! HEY! Watch it, you animal! He was bold, but he was also a big softy! His name was Earl and he was a happy golden retriever. I only know the name because his owner shouted it as he pulled him away and apologized. Then I saw that Earl had a pretty cute friend! He looked like a mix between a drummer, and carpenter. And all I could do was smile. A big, idiot, grin. Then, there was another dog. This time a french bull dog, and his equally french looking owner. "Hey, how are you today?" he said so sincerely as I walked past him and his dog, who was peeing-but we can forget that. "Great! How about you?" I said ever so casually. "Can't complain. It's lookin' up!" Ditto my friend, ditto! No complaints here. And then he said, "See you later." Oh boy. There is something very attractive about a guy with a dog, style, and an ease about him to strike up a conversation with a stranger.

I feel like I need to prepare myself for tomorrow. Get my game face on. And repeat to myself not to look like a complete turd if I do happen to run into, let's say...Mark Wahlberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment