Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Really?!?! Wow!


What is the obsession with coming up with all these over-the-top elaborate lies? I think the human race is becoming dumber. If you don't want to do something, just say so. If you messed up, just man up to it. So much more work is involved when you go the other route. And BONUS! you look a big doof!

A co-worker recently put in her resignation. Fine. I get it. No need to explain. You are the 4th person to have that job in less than a year. No one is gonna scratch their head as to why you are leaving. It's more likely they would if you continued to stick around! So why not just make your peace and leave? Was it necessary to say that the reason for your departure was because you are going to Stanford for law school?!?! REALLY?!?! Stanford? Law School? Hhmmmmm. Let's break this lie down in about 2 minutes, shall we?

  1. Stanford-As in: Ivy League. As in lots and lots of $$$$. As in one of the most difficult and challenging schools to get into to. I'm pretty sure this is the one thing that solidified that this was in fact a lie. How many people do you know that went to Stanford Law School? That ratio is low I believe.
  2. Law School- As in: becoming a lawyer. Um, you get confused by the phone......so.......i'm guessing The BAR is not going to be a cake walk for you.
  3. The timing- You put your two weeks in, taking you to about mid to late August. Fall semester starts in a little more than a week. Is that enough time for you to pack up your life in NY and move to California? How do you think Stanford Law School feels about tardiness or absence?
Seriously, when I heard this I laughed. Then when I heard you were "busted" for lying about all this, I laughed even harder. I mean, shame on them for believing you in the first place, but shame on you for even trying it! The cherry on the top is that our old office manager also used this "excuse" when she decided to leave. "I'm going back to school to get my Masters!" Really??!!? You? The idiot who can't figure out how to open a door, and who flunked out of Beauty School? Come on ladies! You are giving girls a bad rep for being the most obnoxious liars! And, for being dumb! And, as a fellow female, this reflects bad on me. The saddest part is, they sound so familiar to the plot of Legally Blonde, which is not a compliment, in case you were wondering.

Next time you want to quit, all you have to say is that I quit, I do not want to work here anymore, this job is not for me! That's it! Or be really truthful and say that you do not agree with how the business is ran. But whatever it is, do not speak of "higher education" as being the sole reason.

Also, if you call in sick Monday morning, do not lie about having food poisoning (for the 3rd time in 8 months) from the 2, 10 piece nuggets, 1 big mac, and 1 fish fillet you ate last night. Don't drag down the clean and pure name that is McDonalds! I mean I sure after ALL that food, you would be dead anyways. And I kinda don't believe you simply because you say you didn't get any fries. Who doesn't get fries? Liars, thats who! Just tell the truth, your calling in sick because you are hung over or you have "alcohol poisoning" if you are so inclined to be poisoned.

1 comment:

  1. HA!! I laughed all the way through this. You are so right! :) People are D-U-M-B

    - Vay

    ReplyDelete