Friday, August 26, 2011

Where Have All the Sam Baldwins Gone?


So what, you may wonder, is Amanda doing on a Friday morning at 11:22 on a day in August? Besides listening to the best online radio station EVER! (I created it to the mixture of perfection with Bob Marley+Feist+Foster the People+Santogold+Tony Bennet+Salt n Peppa+Black Keys+Jay-Z+Sade=Music GOLD!!!!!) (Also, props to Pandora for having the kindness to allow it's listeners with a wide range of musical taste (me!) to have a plethora of theirs faves to keep streaming at them all day long without judgment that yes, in fact I do wanna hear Kanye slay it, right after I hear Babs belt it!) And besides me having an ongoing argument with Basum (an annoying interpreter who is a pain in my tuchas!), he has said repeatedly that I am lying to him, and that Michelle is NOT in a meeting, and that she is just avoiding him. Nah, Mr. Paranoid, she is a manager, ssooooo...they frequently have meetings thru out the day. Also, as I side point, I know you don't know me all too well, but I would have no problem telling you that yes, she does not want to speak to you! And besides trying to deflect all the nervous energy over Hurricane Irene making her big city debut this weekend. This one is a bit scary, I will admit that. My Dad is permanently glued to The Weather Channel (as previous post stated) and has been calling and texting all these updates and wanting to know my game plan. Game plan!?!? Um, listen pops, Debi and I have a repeated date to go to the beach every single Sunday, so.....Ima gonna keep my word and hit that surf up! He, however, did not appreciate that joke. I cannot imagine why not. Easy up Pops! Don't be such a worry wort! But people are are starting to get paranoid, and in NYC, paranoia is worse than a bed bug epidemic. So here is my game plan, Dad-pay attention, I am going to pack a bag (filled with: laptop, movies, sweats, tuna fish, Oreos, toothbrush, and other essentials) and head over to Ian and Christina's and take shelter there for a day or two with Debi, Kia, and Bax-a-Frass! It might even end up being fun! I'm sorry, but with my positive attitude, who wouldn't want me on their emergency evacuation team?

But am I concerning myself with all that stuff today? Nope! Okay, well I guess I am, but only like 15% of myself is calculating all those things. Instead, the question of the day is: Why, oh why, did you (said boy from last post) not talk to me the other night? Me? Paranoid??!? Maybe. Just a tad. But I'm sorry, any other time we have seen each other, you seek me out and we talk. We've talked so long that others have even noticed that we are in fact still talking. And okay, yea, maybe because I did not fully know how to proceed from our previous conversation, I did not go up to you and initiate a convo. However, I got the feeling that you were intentionally NOT talking to me. Could I be making that up, in my crazy (cute) and neurotic (wonderful) mind of mine? Maybe. Maybe not. But immediately I thought of the rule from He's Just Not That Into You. A hybrid of rules #1&2- He is just not that into me if he is not asking me out/calling me. Grumble. I never ever! Let me repeat. NEVER, EVER!!! Wanted to be one of those girls that even knows all those dumb "rules", or even factors them into her life in any, way, shape, or form. Period. On the other hand... Aha! Yes, the other hand. Let's not forget about that other dude, shall we. Oh, other hand, how I love thee! It has been in my many, and insightful past experiences (that is a lie), that some times, not to be confused with all the time, but just some times, silence says so much more than words ever could. I say this because, I wanted to talk to you. But I didn't. Even more so, I wanted you to talk to me. And I'm pretty sure you could have picked up on that. Right? I mean guys can't be that dense. Right? Even though I felt you purposefully would not talk to me. I did still see you looking at me. More than once, or twice, or thrice....you get the picture. So why you looking if your not interested? Am I right? But let me give this buster a little tid bit about me and how I operate. If you keep this game up, I will get either a) bored or b) angry. Either outcome will eventually end in me completely erasing you off the map and acting like you do not exist. Harsh but true. I'm sorry, that is just how it happens. So do yourself a favor and actually activate that so called "game" you've been blabbing about before I end up like a Beyonce song to you, "I'm gon' always be the best thing you never had!"

Seriously, why can't life be like Tom Hank's character in Sleepless in Seattle? Do you remember when he was on the phone with the radio station talking about how wonderful his wife was? "Well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic." Oh. swoon:)

1 comment: