Wednesday, February 2, 2011

...For Your Listening Pleasure...


So I think that I am going to initiate a new standard for this 'ole blog here. Wednesdays will become music day, YAY! (as I jump, throwing my fist in the air in "hoorayness", its a word.) Today, I'll like to take a minute...just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air. In West Philadelphia born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days, chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and shooting some b-ball outside of the school,when a couple of gu...alright, sorry, I'm back.

Anyways, I wanted to share with you some of the tunes that have been gracing my ear buds as of late. The first comes by way of James Blake, a musician from the other side of the pond. This song came my way by NPR All Songs Considered. Yes, I listen to NPR, I even have the app on my phone. I put in on while I'm in bed and let Bob Boilen put me into a happy, music filled slumber. Try it sometime, I highly recommend it! Back on track, the artist is James Blake, the song is The Wilhelm Scream. It is simple and beautiful, and it is built up like a straight architect designed it! Here is the link to have a listen, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVgEaDemxjc

Next is, Lower Dens, with the song I Get Nervous. It feels like a combination of three different songs, but in a good way. And the way that it is sung in this almost whisper, desperate, soft way I why I think I like it so much. Check it out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi8aCk56dvA

Then, there is Passenger, and the song is Walk You Home. Who doesn't love a good stalking song? You fall in love with lyrics like, "I'm the boy who watches you work,I know where you keep your skirts, I know where your secrets hurt. I'm the boy that's calling your house, I'm the boy that's freaking you out, With my thermos flask of tea, Up there in your neighbours tree. I'm the boy that's crossing borders, I'm the boy with social disorders, I'm the boy with restraining orders." So for the musical delights of your creepier side, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B6kLH5aK-8

Oh, this one, I've wondered where he has been all my life....His name is James Vincent McMorrow, the song And If My Heart Should Somehow Stop. I read somewhere that he is Dublin's answer to Bon Iver(ahhhh heart). This song is beautifully tragic, don't you just love that?!?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeCwdXfS_vI

Finally, the group Sleigh Bells, with the tune Infinity Guitars. This song makes me wanna go and get stuff done!!! So make it happen captain! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fheYx_ZPU18

No comments:

Post a Comment