Monday, February 7, 2011

"Why are you the way you are?..I hate so much about the things you choose to be."


People!

Seriously, what is wrong with them sometimes? Does anyone know? The rudeness level has been off the charts!

Let me break it down for you, in case you have not been brought up with manners, or have suddenly forgotten them (preferably by a severe blow to the head). It is NOT OK to take out your entire Von Trapp family out and take up EVERY inch of the sidewalk and to move at a glacier pace so that no one can get around you and your strollers and your myriads of children. I realize that it may be your familydayoutstopandsmelltherosesandenjoythebeautythatisnatureandhowwonderfulfamilyreallyis, but some of us are just trying to make it to work on time. It is also NOT OK to unleash the scariest, most irritating, rudest, scummiest, completely unlikeable version of yourself on me. Listen, I don't have control over your paycheck, I don't have control over when you will receive your 10-99, and I don't know who called you, if you give me one flippin moment I can find out, and no, I don't know where you are supposed to be and at what time, I mean COME ON!! (G.O.B.)

These next few are for the Jewish lawyers that work in my building. It is NOT OK to push people, ESPECIALLY pregnant women, out of the way to all shove yourselves into the elevators and then hurry and hit the DOOR CLOSE button so no one else can get on, doing that officially makes you a jerk. It is NOT OK to loiter outside of the women's bathroom to have all these conversations about who is getting married, and how your secretary is stupid. NEWS FLASH-you are outside a WOMEN'S restroom, chances are she or one of her friends are in there, idiot! And FYI-hanging outside a women's restroom, in case you never got the memo, is CREEPY! And, talking junk about your secretary, no matter her competence level is SO cliche and sexist. Congratulations you are all grade-A, prime: creepy, sexist, textbook jerks! Seriously guys, grow up and get out. No one thinks of you as special!

And this is a special note at the unbelievably strange girl who works on the 4th floor. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all about being an individual and being a little left of center. The problem occurs when they try in invade me with their craziness. I've got enough already, I don't need yours. What's that line from As Good As It Gets, "go sell crazy somewhere else, we are all stocked up here." I have had three encounters with you weird girl, and I'm done. The first time, the elevator stopped on the 4th floor and the doors opened, no one got on, so the doors closed, and then I heard, "oh!" so I hit the DOOR OPEN button (one of the biggest mistakes of my life). And in walks you, crazy, irritating, no fore warning that I'm about to make your brain hurt...you. If someone has there ear buds in, they are not wanting to have conversation, especially when the elevator ride will last a total of 10 seconds, can't really make a new best friend in that allotted time. And when you see me rushing to get out the doors don't stop me with your unreal large feet and oddly long arms and tap me on the shoulder to wave bye to me!! I don't know you! I don't want to wave bye to you! FREAK! And the second time, when you walked into the elevator like a cowboy and stood so annoyingly close to me, just so you know, I was maybe 2 breathes away from punching that stupid grin right off your stupid face. And then last week, when you came into the elevator doing ballet and singing.....I wanted to die. Why me? Why is it that no one else, ever, seems to be on the elevator to witness the strangeness that it you. Huh weird girl? Next time when I see we are stopping at the 4th floor, I will wait until you get your craziness on and hurry and jump off to avoid having to share the same space with you for 10 seconds. I hope you are happy.

And finally, to the creepy foreign guy on the R train this morning. It is NOT OK to stare at someone for the entire ride. NOT OK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment