Monday, February 14, 2011

La Vie En Rose


I want to get lost. I want to lose myself, and then try to find my way back and on that journey rediscover myself, or truly meet me for the first time.

I've been toying with the idea of going to Paris for a whole year. Just pack up and go. Why not? Leave everything behind and dive into the unknown. One of the things I've always wanted to do in my life is to buy a one way ticket. Just the idea of it is so liberating. It means you are headed only in one direction, forward, for an open ended amount of time. It would be so much fun getting lost in the language, Bonjour! Merci! Mon nom Amanda! J'adore! Je ne sais quoi! Navigate my way through the city and the culture. The history. The architecture. Discover what cheese I truly do love the best. Have REAL french bread that would make your knees buckle. Experience my favorite authentic, bubbly liquid, champagne. Soak in the classic styles that is French fashion. Get lost in a book for hours, living in the moments on the pages while people watching in a little cafe. Ride on the back of a motorcycle with a very attractive French boy, preferably a musician or chef:) Go vacation in a chateau. Stomp some grapes in Provence. And maybe finally, do what Julia Child claims is possible, and master the art of french cooking.

If only....

No comments:

Post a Comment